A different approach to mental health and wellbeing training
Engaging and effective learning through lived experiences
By harnessing the power of storytelling through the voice of lived experience, we empower individuals and organisations to connect with others by building confidence levels to have care conversations. We want to alter entrenched stigma, bust myths and provide the how – practical tools and strategies to support help-seeking behaviour.
Lived experience mental health courses
Learn what to do and how to help
Through a prevention lens, this groundbreaking series of eLearning modules brings a fresh and new way of approaching training by sharing the insights and stories of those with mental health and wellbeing lived experience.Learn more
By taking part in face-to-face training, learners will gain practical strategies delivered through real-life scenarios, case studies and simulations that reinforce learnings taken from the online eLearning modules.Learn more
Why invest in mental health training?
- Focus on prevention and early intervention where psychological safety is valued as much as physical safety
- Equip people with the practical skills and confidence to positively deal with challenging situations and engage in care conversations
- Establish more resilient, mentally healthy environments where people thrive, productivity is boosted, and quality of life is improved
- Make an impact by increasing awareness, and breaking down stigma and discrimination by empowering help-seeking behaviour
- Provide your organisation with invaluable training that yields a strong return on investment and stands to benefit learners throughout their lifetime
1 in 5 Australians have experienced mental ill-health in the past year
Less than half of people experiencing anxiety and depression seek help
Peer support approaches reduce barriers to seeking help
Australian Government. Productivity Commission Inquiry Report into Mental Health (2020).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing: Summary of Results 2020-21. (2022).
Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry. A Framework to create more mentally healthy workplaces: A viewpoint (2018).
Why choose ConnectedLE?
- Drawing upon meaningful lived experiences, our engaging and effective learning model aims to create long-term change
- We foster a like-minded community of people who have connected with our real-life stories and professional resources and want to support others
- With over 40 years of combined experience in health and education sectors, including masters and doctoral studies in health science, epidemiology, health promotion and medical education, the ConnectedLE founders are dedicated to serving the community
Do your part to
Connect with us to learn more about our approach to mental health and wellbeing training.